OSSH 2.5.2p2: Why is /usr/local/ put into the include & lib paths under Solaris?

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Wed Mar 28 18:07:40 EST 2001

--On Tuesday, March 27, 2001 7:39 PM -0800 Jason Stone <jason at dfmm.org>
wrote:

>> I'd _especially_ like to know why it's added before user-specified
>> library directories such as OpenSSL.
>
> It's not - looking at your patch:
>  -       CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include"
>  -       LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"
>
> They're clearly added _after_ any user defined flags.

Nope. Not true. Try it. It's _before_ the directories added by
--with-openssl. This is a Bad Thing. Blindly including unnecessary
directories in -I/-L/-R is a Bad Thing. If there is some _technical_ reason
for this, please let me know. Otherwise, I will continue to maintain that
this is broken behaviour.

--
Carson