Insufficient sshd debug output

Roy Millar rmill at Millstream.tallis.ednet.co.uk
Tue May 1 02:34:11 EST 2001

Apologies if this issue has already been addressed.

But it isn't plain, even using sshd -d -d -d, why function allowed_user
would return 0.

In my case, an old version of login was ignoring the expiry-date field
of /etc/shadow, but sshd was refusing access.

There are several reasons why access might be refused, and it shouldn't
be necessary to modify auth.c to print out the info - it would be nicer
to have debug statements added to the standard code.

I hesitate to submit my mods. - I'm too old to be an expert on anything
as up-to-date as C  :-)

--
Roy Millar,                           finger rmill at shell.ednet.co.uk or
rmill at Millstream.ednet.co.uk          access http://www.ednet.co.uk/~rmill