2GB File size limit in scp. ver 2.9p1 and 2.5.2

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at ditm.nsw.gov.au
Tue May 1 14:50:24 EST 2001

Hi,
I need to be able to use scp with files over 2GB.
I've currently got a set of boxes running 2.5.2p2, and this is unable, as I
understand it, to transfer these files.

I've just downloaded the latest snapshot, 20010501, it complies fine on two
rh7.1 machines, but again, I can't scp a file over 2GB. I get the same "file
to large" error on the client as before.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong? I'm running a standard build, default
config files, and everything but the large files works.

Peter Bates
Unix Systems Administrator
Land Property Information NSW
Department of Information Technology and Management

Peter.Bates at ditm.nsw.gov.au
This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
and are not necessarily the views of the Department of
Information Technology & Management.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.