Problem with .hushlogin in Tru64 UNIX 4.0e

Ricardo Muggli ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu
Wed May 2 00:03:34 EST 2001

I have tried this with openssh-2.5.2p2 and openssh-SNAP-20010501.
I have noticed that with a .hushlogin file in my home directory I still
get messages.

With the .hushlogin file I get these messages:
Last   successful login for ricardo: Tue May  1 08:06:00 2001 from
blah.mnsu.edu
Last unsuccessful login for ricardo: Tue May  1 08:05:21 2001 from
blah.mnsu.edu

Without the .hushlogin file I get the same messages along with /etc/motd

It appears that these messages are being produced from withing auth-sia.c
during sia_ses_estab(). I couldn't tell if there was some way to suppress
these messages or not. Does anybody on this list know if these messages
can be suppressed? If then can be, we should fix it so these messages are
printed when there is no .hushlogin and suppressed when there is a
.hushlogin or there is a command.

Thanks,

--
Ricardo Muggli (ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu)