Updated partial auth patch against CVS

Karl M karlm30 at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 04:10:06 EST 2001

Hi Carson...

Please help me understand the issues/constraints here. Regarding

Authorder2 publickey,publickey:password

what part of the syntax do you see as a problem? Is it that an
authentication sequence is a propper subset of a later authentication
sequence in the list?

If I use

Authorder2 publickey:method1,publickey:method2

and the public key succeeds but method1 fails, assuming no agent will the
user see

publickey
method1
method2

or will he see

publickey
method1
publickey
method2

I would hope and vote for the first.

What I would hope to specify is: publickey (when ssh and sshd userids match)
and publickey:password (when ssh and sshd userids differ). This gets the
password to the sshd so that the userid can be changed in CygWin. Do you
have any thoughts on the syntax for this that would be compatible with your
syntax?

Thanks,

...Karl