Patch to update contrib/solaris package builder [new patch]

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue May 8 13:02:05 EST 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001 ninjaz at webexpress.com wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Sorry for overbilling the original patch. I didn't realize I'd missed the
> other parts.
>
> I don't see anything to do with slogin, though:
> # pwd
> /local/src/openssh-2.9p1
> # find . -name '*slogin*'
> #

[.. From Makefile.. 'install-files:' section..]
        -rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/slogin
        ln -s ssh$(EXEEXT) $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/slogin
        -rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(mandir)/$(mansubdir)1/slogin.1
        ln -s ssh.1 $(DESTDIR)$(mandir)/$(mansubdir)1/slogin.1

So they are symlinks.

The packaging process still does not handle a lot of cases.  You may
always want to watch out for the 'mdoc vs man' formated manpages.  Most
solaris (all?) use 'man' formated.  The default documentation is in mdoc.

If I don't get a rewrite in the next few days.  I'll apply this as a
stop-gap.  But I'd like to see this rewritten, but I'll not get to it for
at least two weeks due to projects at work.

- Ben