running sshd under AIX 4.3.3 ?

Dannis 't Hart dchart at nets.tref.nl
Thu May 10 04:36:30 EST 2001

Hi,

If anyone has managed to get sshd to run as a subsystem in the System
Resource Controller under AIX 4.3.3 (a la mkssys), then please let me know
how you did it...

I can mkssys and startsrc it, but it dies immediately, leaving a child sshd
running with another PID than startsrc reported, and lssrc reports sshd
inoperative.
Is sshd a process that should stay in foreground, not forking? Or does it
fork every time to service a connection (excuse my ignorance)?

Douglas Manton, I read your post of 2001-03-16 on this (Re: SIGHUP/av[0]
restart failure (AIX)). Any clues? What am I forgetting?

Thanx,