Buglet in my GSSAPI patches

Simon Wilkinson sxw at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Fri May 11 00:41:25 EST 2001

Just a quick heads up to warn those of you using my gss-keyex patches that
there's a small buglet in them which will affect interoperability. I'm
building the hash incorrectly (by including a zero length string where there
shouldn't be one). This will mean that when trying to interoperate with other
implementations (if there are any :-) you'll get a message about the MIC not
being correct.

This will be fixed in my forthcoming patch to 2.9p1 (which will probably
break compatibility with 2.5px clients/servers using gsskex)

Sorry!

Simon.

--
Simon Wilkinson            <simon at sxw.org.uk>          http://www.sxw.org.uk
"I've seen honest faces before. They usually come attached to liars."