Change in behavior from 2.5p2 to 2.9p1

Aaron Dudek aadudek at earthlink.net
Mon May 14 03:59:22 EST 2001

Under 2.5p2, if I ssh'd back to myself I would get a prompt asking for my
passphrase, and if that was incorrect it would then ask for my password.
Assuming I had a authorized_keys file with my identity.pub in it.
Under 2.9.p1 it goes straight to enter password instead of asking for my
passphrase.
This wouldn't be a problem except that when I have "PasswordAuthentication
no" I get the following error:
Permission denied (publickey)

Can someone please help me understand why this behavior changed and how to
fix it if possible. It looks like something to do with using ssh2 from
looking at the verbose output.

Thanks
Aaron