Openssh 2.9p1 and scp is slow connecting

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Wed May 16 02:23:46 EST 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:10:47PM -0400, Painter, Jeff (ZoomTown) wrote:
> When I try to scp from or to a system, scp take up to 10 minutes to connect
> and copy the file.  Both systems are Solaris 2.6 and openssh 2.9p1.  I issue
> the command: "scp host:/file /", up to 10 minutes pass before the password
> is requested and then the file copies very fast.  When I ran a truss on the
> command, scp seems to sleep for the time before it asks for the password.

Do you see the same problem with slogin/ssh? In this case you are better
off using "ssh -v -v -v ..." to see what is going on.
Anyway: connection times like these sound like DNS problems. Therefore
you should see the same problem with slogin...

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/