OpenSSh 2.5.2p2 on Linux/Sparc

Peter Stuge stuge at cdy.org
Thu May 17 12:16:36 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:50:04AM -0800, Lewandowsky, Matt wrote:
> 7.2 is the CURRENT branch. It is the only version available for sparc at the
> moment. It will probably be kept somewhat up-to-date respecting packages
> until it ships, but after that who knows?
>
> I am installing it tonite and ditching Debian. Maybe when Woody has boot
> floppies, I will try again.
>
> BTW, on
> ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/sparc/slackware-current/README72.TXT,
> note the first line:
>
> README for Slackware Linux/SPARC 7.2.0.
>
> This is in spite of the information at http://www.ultralinux.org/dists.html.

<OFFTOPIC>

Please read the NOT_RELEASED_YET.TXT file found in the same directory as
README72.TXT.  Also check out the /. articles on the subject.

Basically, slackware-current != slackware-X.Y.
Some of the files in the slackware-current tree would probably indicate that
this isn't the case, but until slackware-current turns into slackware-7.2,
(the directory name changes and a new slackware-current is created) it will
still be slackware-current.

</OFFTOPIC>

Sorry about the biolag, I'm going through my mailbox of four months this
fine night.

//Peter

--
irc: CareBear\