openssh-2.9p1

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu May 17 22:55:42 EST 2001

> > > 2. Is there a program like ssh-keyscan for the Version2 (dsa and rsa) keys??
> > >
> > Not that I'm aware of at this point.
>
> I think such a program (or variant of ssh-keyscan with, e.g.,  '-t rsa')
> could be quite useful.

<smile> Implement it in ssh-keyscan.  If we see a patch that looks good we
will add it.  Or it will be added when it gets to the top of our personal
priority lists.

> BTW: The ssh-keyscan man page mentions a BUG: It generates "Connection
> closed by remote host" messages ....
> I haven't seen any such mesages (on either side).

I believe you won't for 2.9.  But you may on the Commerical SSH and
versions before 2.9.  Mainly because ssh-keyscan closes the connection
with the ssh abruptly.

- Ben