ssh-keyscan for ssh2 (was Re: openssh-2.9p1)

Wayne Davison wayne at blorf.net
Sat May 19 08:29:37 EST 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > +	int keytype = c->c_keytype;
> 	^^^ Is this really needed any more?  It's used once.

I though it was needed because I thought confree() destroyed the
structure "c" was pointing at, but I was apparently wrong about that.
So, your change would simplify things a tad.

> Don't know if we want to move it to -t {rsa1,rsa,dsa} instead of -1 -R
> -D.  Would that change -t [timeout] to -T [timeout] ?

It would make things a little more uniform at a small incompatibility
cost (changing -t).  How would we specify multiple queries?  Multiple
-t options, or a comma-separated value?  E.g.

   ssh-keyscan -t rsa1,dsa foo.com

I think that might be a nice way to go.

..wayne..