SSH connection hanging on logout

Tom Holroyd tomh at po.crl.go.jp
Mon May 21 11:41:07 EST 2001

> The patch has been subjected to exhaustive testing. Unless someone reports
> a case where it fails before the next release, please go ahead and include
> it in the next Linux version of OpenSSH. (If you don't like the -S option
> for some reason, you can always remove it and the sleep config option).

Just another data point:  I've been starting netscape via

ssh -X -n -o 'batchmode yes' ansgimachine /usr/bin/X11/netscape &

from the desktop menubar (Linux/Alpha -> SGI Irix) and when I exit
netscape, ssh (2.9p1) usually fails to exit on the Linux side.  With your
patch installed it exits every time.  I'm not using -S, just as above.

Dr. Tom