Linux X11 forwarding bug

Mark Krumholz krumholz at maxwell.myip.org
Tue May 22 05:10:13 EST 2001

I can't seem to get X11 forwarding to work. Similar problems seem to have
been reported and possibly fixed with earlier versions of openssh, but I
believe I have the latest release: openssh-server-2.9p1-1 for RedHat 6.2.

When I connect with ssh -v, I get:

pac2: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
pac2: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled in server configuration file.
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.

However, my sshd_config file contains:

X11Forwarding yes
ForwardAgent yes

and I have xauth in the standard location where openssh looks for it:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth

Nothing unusual appears in my log files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please respond to my e-mail, since
I'm not on the developers list. Thanks.

--
-Mark Krumholz
 http://astro.berkeley.edu/~krumholz