[openssh-unix-dev] Re: ssh looks at rlogin=false only at startup

David Bronder david-bronder at uiowa.edu
Wed May 23 01:58:22 EST 2001

Damien Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001 mark.pitt at ch.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > Very early on in what seems to be quite a hot debate sometimes, I pointed
> > out that sshd only controls rlogin=false at its startup, and if it is
> > changed, sshd simply ignores it
>
> Portable OpenSSH uses whatever the AIX function loginrestrictions() returns.
> So the behaviour shouldn't differ from rlogin.

With OpenSSH 2.9p1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML6, changing the rlogin attribute for
both root and a non-root user from true to false and then back to true
was correctly handled (with each setting) without restarting the sshd
process.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa