Upgraded to 2.9p1 with no luck..

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Sat May 26 05:26:57 EST 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:04:57PM -0700, Ladner, Eric (CLAD) wrote:
> After upgrading to 2.9 (OpenSSH_2.9p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
> 0x0090600f)
> I'm unable to ssh between two systems any more (the two that I've upgraded).

> Below are some relevant snippets of debugging output around where the error
> occurs.
> Feel free to contact me regarding any additional information required.
>
> Output from "ssh -v -v -v pgppt" executed on a HP C240 workstation (HP-UX
> 11.0,
> PA-RISC 1.1):

I am running 2.9p1 on HP-UX 10.20 (platforms are from 710 to C200), so there
is certain probability that we can get it to run :-)

> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug1: channel_new: 0
> debug1: send channel open 0
> Memory fault
This is the point to step into debugging. From a Memory fault you should
either get a core dump (but ssh is suid root, so you probably won't get
one) or you can run it under a debugger and will end up at the location
causing the memory fault. You must perform this as root, since ssh is
suid root.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/