OpenSSH ports and crypto issues

Mats Andersson mats at mindbright.se
Sat May 26 18:25:25 EST 2001

Hi,

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Amol Deshpande wrote:
> 2. minor issue 2: I am currently using 2 files from a GPLed program in
> my port. It will take some work to remove them, but I can do so if
> it's not desirable to have GPLed source in an OpenSSH port.

Strictly no, you may NOT include it in anything but something fully GPL
(which OpenSSH is not, it's under a BSD like license). Note that the case
is different if the code is under LGPL, check this. However, if you wrote
the (GPLed) code yourself (i.e. you own the copyright to it) you may
change the license and include it under another license.

Cheers,

/Mats