Protocol Error

Eric Ekong eric at unixtechs.org
Tue May 29 13:48:58 EST 2001

*sh-2.05$ sshd -v
sshd: illegal option -- v
sshd version OpenSSH_2.3.0 green at FreeBSD.org 20010321
Usage: sshd [options]
  -f file    Configuration file (default /etc/ssh/sshd_config)
  -d         Debugging mode (multiple -d means more debugging)
  -i         Started from inetd
  -q         Quiet (no logging)
  -p port    Listen on the specified port (default: 22)
  -k seconds Regenerate server key every this many seconds (default: 3600)
  -g seconds Grace period for authentication (default: 300)
  -b bits    Size of server RSA key (default: 768 bits)
  -h file    File from which to read host key (default: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key)
  -u len     Maximum hostname length for utmp recording
  -4         Use IPv4 only
  -6         Use IPv6 only

bash-2.05$ ssh -v
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0 green at FreeBSD.org 20010321, protocol versions
1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090600f).
Usage: ssh [options] host [command]

bash-2.05$ uname -a
FreeBSD eric.unixtechs.org 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #1: Sat May
26 11:49:01 EDT 2001

Hope this helps

Markus Friedl <markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de> [010528 17:36]:

--