OpenStep (NeXT) and TTY modes

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Thu Nov 1 07:40:03 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Nicolas Williams wrote:
:OpenStep, apparently, does not initialize new pty/tty modes to a sane
:default.
:
:I'm thinking this code snippet, added to tty_parse_modes() before the
:for(;;) loop should suffice:
:
:#ifdef HAVE_NEXT
:	tio.c_oflag |= ONLCR;
:	tio.c_lflag |= ECHO;
:#endif /* HAVE_NEXT */
:
:Also, I've noticed that "ssh -t next_host stty" gives different output
:than an interactive session to the same NeXT... I suspect that this
:means that the SSH client is sending a different set of tty modes to the
:sshd on the NeXT... Is that so? Does that make sense?

i don't know.  is in the same for protocol 1 and 2?  you can debug with
ssh/-vvv sshd/-ddd for tty_make_modes() and tty_parse_modes().