2.9.9p2 and Solaris-2.8 PAM: Cannot delete credentials[7]: Permission denied

Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wally.winzer at ChampUSA.COM
Thu Nov 1 10:01:14 EST 2001

The 2 errors:

pam_setcred: error Permission denied
Cannot delete credentials[7]: Permission denied

Looks to be a major bug in the PAM module for Solaris-2.8/2.7/2.6.
Has anyone from the list (developers of OpenSSH, endusers, hackers, etc.)
came up w/ a solution? Even a temporary one?
When authenticating yourself on the same system that worked, but when
authenticating to another system failed.  I even tried to placed entries
within /etc/pam.conf w/ no success.  If there's no viable solution (even with
key authentication) then I'll have to revert back to SSH-3.0.1/SSH-1.2.31.

Thanks.

- Wally Winzer Jr.

P.S. Pls send all replies to wally.winzer at ChampUSA.COM for I don't
belong to this list as of yet.  Thx.