Authentication Problem

Deniz CEVIK deniz at intellect.com.tr
Fri Nov 2 18:50:44 EST 2001

Hi,

Configuration file like below. I also copied sshd.pam.generic file to pam.d
directory as /etc/pam.d/sshd.
Where can I enable pam authentication.

Thanks.

#       $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.42 2001/09/20 20:57:51 mouring Exp $

# This sshd was compiled with
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file.  See sshd(8)
# for more information.

Port 22
#Protocol 2,1
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

# HostKey for protocol version 1
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
ServerKeyBits 768

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO
#obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging

# Authentication:

LoginGraceTime 600
PermitRootLogin yes
StrictModes yes

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile     %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

# rhosts authentication should not be used
RhostsAuthentication no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/usr/local/etc/ssh_known_hosts
RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
HostbasedAuthentication no
# Uncomment if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
RhostsRSAAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
PasswordAuthentication yes
PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Uncomment to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

# Uncomment to enable PAM keyboard-interactive authentication
# Warning: enabling this may bypass the setting of 'PasswordAuthentication'
#PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes
# To change Kerberos options
#KerberosAuthentication no
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#AFSTokenPassing no
#KerberosTicketCleanup no

# Kerberos TGT Passing does only work with the AFS kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing yes

X11Forwarding no
X11DisplayOffset 10
PrintMotd yes
#PrintLastLog no
KeepAlive yes
UseLogin yes

#MaxStartups 10:30:60
#Banner /etc/issue.net
#ReverseMappingCheck yes

Subsystem       sftp    /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server