openssh-2.9.9p2 and kerberos 5

Simon Wilkinson sxw at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 09:43:10 EST 2001

> does anyone know if openssh 2.9.9p2 works
> with kerberos 5?  Pls let me know.

There is code in 2.9.9p2 to do Kerberos v5 over the version 1 protocol.
This code doesn't compile by default on the portable version, and is Heimdal
specific.

I've got a set of patches (now completed, and being tested locally) which
add a --with-kerberos5 option to ./configure to set this up for portable
compliation, and include changes to support both MIT Kerberos and Heimdal.
I hope to make these available shortly.

In addition, my patches to add GSSAPI (and hence Kerberos v5) support to
protocol version 2 should be updated to 2.9.9p2 at around the same point.
(Probably just in time for the 3.0p1 release, knowing my luck)

Cheers,

Simon.