OpenSSH 2.3

Michael Mai michael.mai at db.com
Tue Nov 6 02:23:36 EST 2001

Dear Gentlemen:

a couple of months ago we ported OpenSSH 2.3 to an IBM OS/390 Mainframe machine: It ran very well until we tried to connect to an SSH server using SSH2 protocol. On the OS/390 (which is the client) it comes up with the following error messages:

>ssh -v -2 somehost
               .
               .
               .
debug: bits set: 504/1024
debug: len 55 datafellows 0
debug: dsa_verify: signature incorrect
dsa_verify failed for server_host_key
debug: Calling cleanup 0x1cf36d18(0x0)

and it ends.

I also tried a different key : -c "blowfish-cbc"                      but the problem remains the same.

Can anybody help ??

Gruss/ regards

Michael Mai

Deutsche Bank