FYI dsa_lib.c and dh_lib.c in openssl-0.9.6b and latest snapshot

Scott Burch scott.burch at camberwind.com
Tue Nov 6 15:08:42 EST 2001

Yeah,

Perhaps there is a bug, but I had these same problems with gcc on
Solaris. However I just checked and there are 2 patches for the Forte
compiler 6 update 2 available as of October 1:

They are:

111685-02 C++ 5.3: Patch for Forte Developer 6 Update 2 C++ compiler

and

111678-04 Compiler Common 6.2: Patch Forte Developer 6 Update 2, C++ F77
F95.

I have already applied the very latest libc and C++ library patches as
well as the latest linker patches...but maybe with the additional
compiler patches these changes won't have to be made. I suppose it is
possible that the linker and library patches might have fixed issues
with gcc but not Forte?

I'll try the additional patches tomorrow and see how they work. If there
is a fix beyond changing source in openssl then I will report this. If
anyone already knows the answer then please report it to the list. If
Jason Reid or Keith Watson are monitoring this list perhaps they can
comment. I will try with gcc tomorrow and see how that works...I know I
had problems before on the January 2001 release of Solaris. Jason and
Keith used the April 2001 release of Solaris 8, 5/98 Solaris 2.6,
Solaris 7 11/9 with Forte C 6 Update 1 and gcc 2.95.2.

I'll keep quite unless I find something useful.

-Scott

--
Scott Burch
http://www.camberwind.com/