Solaris 7 changing password via PAM

martyn.a.roberts at bt.com martyn.a.roberts at bt.com
Wed Nov 7 04:58:54 EST 2001

Hi,

I am having a problem with the issue of changing the password for an expired
user (passed -f <user>).
The version of Openssh is 2.9.9p3 compiled with gcc 2.95.3, configured
--with-pam.

The user can login fine when the password is not expired. Once the password
is expired the user is connected and told the password has expired and is
asked to change it. The user is prompted for the old password, this is then
entered (without echoing, - the RP_ALLOW_STDIN code change has been applied)
as soon as carriage-return is hit the used it disconnected.
The error appears to be with the chauthtok function call.

Building the same code functions correctly on Solaris 8.
I have had to return the box to work (albeit with a non expiry changing
Openssh) so will take a little while if I have to get hold of lots of debug
logs. Am hoping that someone has already seen this? (fingers crossed ;-)

Martyn Roberts

NoMartyn.a.SpamRoberts at bt.reallynospam.com
(Guess you can work the above out)