Entropy and DSA key

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 7 09:42:17 EST 2001

Tim McGarry wrote:

> Why don't we require less entropy on slower machines, who wants to break
> into a SS1 or IPX anyway.

Why don't stupid people have less rights ?

Just because a machine is old or slow doesn't imply anything about what
it is used for or the sensitivity of the data held on it.

I suspect a lot of older machines like this are used as firewalls for

networks that don't have a huge bandwith requirement. An SS1 or IPX with
2 NICs would do just fine as a firewall for home.

--
Darren J Moffat