OpenSSH3.0p1/PAM/Sol8

Dost, Alexander Alexander.Dost at drkw.com
Thu Nov 8 20:04:53 EST 2001

Hi there,

I just tried out OpenSSH3.0p1 running on Solaris 8 with PAM (--with-PAM).
The problem was mentioned some time ago and is still there :-(
When a password is expired you are prompted to change it now, enter your
login password and after doing so you are instantly disconnected. I think
this is a problem with PAM and not SSH, but how can I get a solution on this
?
sshd is running without problems, no core dump. In /var/adm/messages there
is the following output:
auth.crit fatal: PAM pam_chauthtok failed[-1]: Unknown error
that's all. Is there a workaround (like using a different PAM library and
not pam_unix.so) ?

Alex