buildpkg.sh scripts problem

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Nov 9 06:56:16 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Tresp, Wilfried wrote:

> Hello Ben Lindstrom,
>
> I tried your package creation scripts for Solaris which are contributed with
> the new OpenSSH Version 3.0.0p1.
>
> Nice that you develop these scripts but I run into a major problem
> installing the package which was created by the script.
>
> On our Solaris hosts /usr/local is only a symbolic link to /opt/local. After
> installing the OpenSSH package the symbolic link was removed and a new
> directory /usr/local was created. Of cause this breaks a lot of things on
> our hosts.

I would expect.. It it would for every other program on earth.  Unsure
what you are asking of me to fix.

> Maybe removing /usr/local from the Prototype file will fix this but I'm not
> sure because I'm not so familiar with the package creation process.

The package prototype is generated when you do 'buildpkg.sh'. I don't see
how I can remove '/usr/local' from it.  Unless you are asking me to make
the package relocatable.  Which would be rather hard to do, and I'm
currently not up to such a task.  (The main issue is ssh_prng_cmds if you
default to the internal entropy generation system).

[..]
> --
>                   E-Mail Disclaimer

[..]
On Another toptic:

<rant>
UGH.. Email disclaimers are getting as annoying as mIRC colours in efnet.

PLEASE people.. Keep your signatures and disclaimers down to a *FEW*
lines.  It wastes a ton of space.  Do we really need 20 line disclaimers
translated into 20 different languages?!  They are getting LONGER than the
freaking email they are to protect!
</rant>

- Ben
Disclaimer:  I don't care.  All email is Public Domain.