openssh-3.0p1 + Tru64 4.0G: sia_ses_authent() always returns 0 (failure)

Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford harbaugh at nciaxp.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Nov 9 07:37:57 EST 2001

Hi-

I built openssh-3.0p1 on a Tru64 4.0G without any problem.  The system uses
enhanced security, so the sia_* routines are used by sshd.

Unfortunately, password authentication fails because sia_ses_authent() returns 0
in auth-sia.c.  The thing is, the password is CORRECT; I verified this by
inserting debugging statements before the call to sia_ses_authent().

The call to sia_ses_init() succeeds.  I checked some of the fields of the
entity, but I don't know which fields should be filled in.  The 'name' field
gets correctly filled with the username, but the 'acctname' field is left
empty, as is the 'pwd' field.

Does someone know what the entity fields *should* look like after the call to
sia_ses_init(), or have some other idea why the sia_ses_authent() call is
failing?

Thanks,

Toni

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                     harbaugh at nciaxp.ncifcrf.gov
AlphaServer 8400 System Administrator
SAIC/NCI Frederick Advanced Biomedical Computing Center