socklen_t - where?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Nov 10 23:47:35 EST 2001

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:54:43PM -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
> > openssh_cvs as of today, SCO Open Server 3.0, socklen_t
> >
> > this typedef doesn't exist on SCO OSR 3, and "configure" properly detects
> > this, leading to
> >
> > /* #undef HAVE_SOCKLEN_T */
>
> Run autoreconf instead of just autoconf to tune up config.h.in

I did "make -f Makefile.in distprep" - which should run autoreconf.

I don't think config.h is the problem here - it *has* HAVE_SOCKLEN_T (that
is: it properly #undef's it, as SCO 3 doesn't have it).  But nobody else
has an #ifndef HAVE_SOCKLEN_T - which should not be auto(re)conf related,
or is it?.

[..]
> You will see
> 	/* type to use in place of socklen_t if not defined */
> 	#define socklen_t int
> in config.h after running configure.

OK, retry...

 - autoreconf (no messages, no errors)
 - configure (no problems)
 - no socklen_t in config.h

Hmmm, I think it's an autoconf problem - while it doesn't throw any
warnings or errors, I still use autoconf 2.13 and remember that there have
been some problems with it.

Shouldn't autoreconf print some warning if the autoconf version is too
old?

[..]
> > Which would be the "right" header file to add such things?  Then I'll just
> > do it and send in a patch with all the necessary changes for SCO OSR 3...
> SCO OSR 3 works fine here on the CVS code.

It works fine, if I add the typdef (or define) manually.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de