socklen_t - where?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Nov 14 02:24:57 EST 2001

Hi,

... after struggling with autoconf and gawk and whatnot for a while...

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 08:42:34AM -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Gert Doering wrote:
[..]
> >  - autoreconf (no messages, no errors)
> >  - configure (no problems)
> >  - no socklen_t in config.h
> >
> > Hmmm, I think it's an autoconf problem - while it doesn't throw any
> > warnings or errors, I still use autoconf 2.13 and remember that there have
> > been some problems with it.
> >
> > Shouldn't autoreconf print some warning if the autoconf version is too
> > old?
>
> Autoconf 2.13 should have failed.

Autoconf 2.13 did NOT fail, intersting enough.

> CVS code now requires autoconf 2.5x
> Do you have an old configure.in in your tree? If so remove it.
> configure.in is now configure.ac
> Grab autoconf 2.52 and apply the attached patch to it.

I have now done this, and gone are the remaining problems.

So I can now testify "CVS current (as of an hour ago) works nicely on
SCO OSR 3".

As long as you have autoconf-2.52 with Tim's patch (which, in turn,
works only with GNU awk)!

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de