Openssh 3.0p1/Solaris 8 problems still...

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Thu Nov 15 05:34:02 EST 2001

>> > OK, i am curious; does SSH.Com handle this properly?  if so, is the
>> > proper code only in the commercial version?
>>
>> Too my knowlege there are no 3rd party login products from any vendor
>> that do this properly for Solaris.  Most vendors don't test their
>> products with BSM auditing installed because so many people don't even
>> know that it exists never mind how to write code for it.
>
>*chuckle* ... ow my sides  ;*)
>
>this begs the question:  would SMI like there to be?

Yes we would and we have been working to get our API's in better
shape so that it will be easier for vendors to support this.

>what other OS vendors support BSM auditing?

BSM auditing is unique to Solaris.  Other vendors may have similar
functionality but there are no standards based or de facto standards
for the API or log file format.

--
Darren J Moffat