X11 forwards and libwrap support

Osmo Paananen osmo.paananen at sonera.com
Thu Nov 15 22:59:57 EST 2001

> it's about complexity.
> currently: the x11 proxy listens listen to inaddr-any.
> nice to have: listen to localhost or inaddr-any.

Did I understand correctly, that openssh's x11 forwards do not
support unix-domain sockets? And that some aplications revert to
unix domain sockets if the display is localhost:*?

Then I think that just converting openssh to use localhost
as the interface for the forwarded x11 tcp socket is not the solution.

Or if it is then support for the unix-domain sockets is required, too.

> other options: too much complexity/code/bugs in openssh.

tcp-wrapper is already included, would it really add too much
complexity to use it with the x11-forwards?

> ideally openssh, especially the sshd should have no option.

In ideal world computers would work.

--
  Osmo Paananen