again chroot

Manfred Heubach heubach at heubach-edv.de
Fri Nov 16 02:56:09 EST 2001

Hello out there!

I've searched this list up and down in order to find a clue about
restricting sftp or scp to a defined path or to a chroot jail. It seems
there has been development on some patches but I can't find further
information.

Is there any support or planned support for restricting sftp or scp to a
certain path?
If there is already support for this, does anybody have a howto about this
issue?

Why I am asking this question:
I want to provide ONLY uploading and downloading on a public server for
very few users. These users will be authenticated by their keys. As mankind
is very nosy I want to suppress any "just looking around in your server
attempts". They just have to see their upload and download area - nothing
more. FTP is no good idea because we need encryption and authenticity of
the transferred data.

Best regards
Manfred Heubach

manfred heubach edv und neue medien