Portable SSH SRPMS problem / RH 6.X

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 17 16:44:09 EST 2001

Once upon a time, Brendan Howes <brendan at reactivenetwork.com> said:
> 2) I have a problem with the SRPMS, they will not --rebuild on a RedHat
> 6.2 system. Can anyone help me to get this to build here?
>
> [root openssh]# rpm --rebuild openssh-3.0.1p1-1.src.rpm
> Installing openssh-3.0.1p1-1.src.rpm
> line 74: Unknown tag: 0.9.5a
>
> Some Info:
> [root openssh]# rpm -qa | grep rpm
> rpm-python-3.0.5-9.6x
> rpm-build-3.0.5-9.6x
> rpm-devel-3.0.5-9.6x
> rpm-3.0.5-9.6x

Check your friendly Red Hat mirror site and go to
.../updates/6.2/en/os/i386/.  You need a newer version of RPM (and maybe
some other things as well :-) ).

BTW: I'm using rpm4 on a Tru64 5.1A system here.  I had to make a few
changes to the contrib/redhat/openssh.spec file for Tru64 to work; is
there any interest in a patch for the official OpenSSH source?  Tru64
uses rpm for the "Open Source" collection CDs (although they use rpm3
and I had to upgrade to rpm4 for a lot of .spec files to work).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>