static compilation

Jean-Michel Amblat jmamb at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 21 23:37:46 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm currently running linux mandrake 8.0 and a redhat 7.1. I tried to
compiled openssh 3.0 static without any succes, an error seems to appear in
ssh.c, optreset declaration. Openssh 2.9 compiled statically without any
problems: LDFLAGS=-static, CFLAGS=-static worked fine. Currently im no more
able to compile it statically, the main error seems due to openbsd-compat..
Of course if I dont use "-static" the compilation is okay.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to compile cleanly OpenSSH, statically?

Thanks a lot,

JM