Updated chroot patch

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Thu Nov 22 03:35:45 EST 2001

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 09:53  AM,
<mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org> wrote:
> Since it is not being maintained, I really want that patch no longer
> distribed in contrib/.  Let someone maintain it externally from OpenSSH
> portable.

I see the same has already been done for the SecurID patch.  I find it
difficult to time the patch release with the OpenSSH releases.

I think it is a good idea to remove all such patches from contrib as it
reduces confusion -- but they still exist.  So, would it be possible to
replace such patches with place holder README files that say how to get
them?

README.chroot
README.securid
etc.

This way, a user can find out where to get it and who is responsible for
that patch and then complain directly to him/her when it is out of date.

my 2 cents.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E  491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984