ssh-dummy-shell

Markus Friedl markus at openbsd.org
Sat Nov 24 06:30:11 EST 2001

well, do we really need this?

i think you just could use sftp-server as a loginshell and have the
same effect.

are there any problems if we set the loginshell to sftp-server? for
interactive logins nothing happens, and it even works with sftp over
both protocol version 1 and 2.

are there any risks?

all ssh-dummy-shell is restrict the possible commands to sftp-server
and prints an error message if the shell is used without the sftp
client. so it's a little bit more user friendly.