Support for PKCS cryptocards..

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sat Nov 24 19:12:18 EST 2001

Hello all,

You may find this interesting:

http://jemmari.tky.hut.fi/sc/

Here in Finland, we have cryptocards which have a PKCS#15 interface. They
already have RSA keys stored in them, and can be used in various
applications. I'm sure they're getting more common elsewhere too.

Juha Yrjölä et al have added support for these as a patch, and are
providing libraries (under LGPL though) to use the card.

I'm not sure if it's good to separate PKCS and ISO7816 cards, but that's
what they chose.

It'd be interesting to have support for PKCS cards too in OpenSSH.