No open channels after timeout

Jim Breton vader at conflict.net
Mon Nov 26 04:03:01 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 08:23:19AM +0000, Jim Breton wrote:
> I am also having a secondary issue with this connection but I believe
> it's unrelated: the _first_ time I connect through the ssh tunnel, I get
> the following in syslog:
>
> sshd[16357]: error: socket: Protocol not supported
>
> All following connections through the tunnel do not cause that error to
> appear.  At first I thought perhaps it was a lack of IPv6 support but I
> tried "telnet -4" on the client system and it didn't make any
> difference, so I am assuming there is another problem.  Any ideas?  Not
> critical, but just a nuisance and possibly a small bug.

Correction: this _does_ happen every time (not just the first).  I
hadn't noticed it because syslogd was collating the errors into one of
its "last message repeated n times" messages.  This is really very
annoying and unusable now, because I have the auth logs going to a
printer. ;)

Any help with this?

Thanks.

--