No open channels after timeout

Jim Breton vader at conflict.net
Tue Nov 27 07:22:35 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 10:47:10AM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:
> the server has enabled the keep alive hack, and this
> conflicts with the -N client option.

Ahh.  OK, thank you.  Is there a work-around for this?  Looks like the
client can turn KeepAlive on and off, but I don't see any way for the
client to turn off ClientAlive?

Running the following seems to work but is a "Crude Hack" (TM):

ssh -T tarkin > /dev/null 2>&1

As for the other problem I mentioned ("error: socket: Protocol not
supported"), I cleared this up by running sshd with the -4 switch.

Thanks.

--

Jim B.
vader at conflict.net