SSH cannot do all DOS Commands and actions

Peter M Boyd peter_m_boyd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 01:59:35 EST 2001

Hi!,  can you tell me why OpenSSH cannot support full
access to the DOS Prompt and all its capabilities.

If I set up to connect into CMD.EXE on the target
system using OpenSSH, I cannot run the functionality
of EDLIN to edit files with data insertion and insert
termination with CTRL&Z/C.

CTRL&C not actioned for break-out of long running
functions.

Browse a file using 'type "filename" | more' ( where |
means pipe ) does implement the 'more' function.

Please tell me why?

Peter M Boyd