Problem connecting to v2.9.9p2 on Solaris 8

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Wed Nov 28 04:29:49 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:22:14 -0500
> From: Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com>
> To: Ed Phillips <ed at UDel.Edu>
> Cc: mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org, Markus Friedl <markus at openbsd.org>,
>      OpenSSH Development <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
> Subject: Re: Problem connecting to v2.9.9p2 on Solaris 8
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 11:11:22AM -0500, Ed Phillips wrote:
> > > As of 0.51 it supports both RSA and DSA.. Which is kinda funny since the
> > > author originally railed against DSA and shouted at the top of his lungs
> > > that he would never support DSA due to the fact it sucks up too my entropy
> > > to be reliable.
> >
> > That's strange... I'm using Putty 0.51.  It doesn't seem to support RSA
> > for SSHV2 connections I guess.  Maybe it's in the "latest development
> > release" version...
>
> Do you have an RSA v2 key at all?
> Do you have Pageant running and didn't load your v2 key, per-chance?
> Do you have RSA v2 hostkeys on the servers?

I do have RSA v2 host keys on the servers.  On the server in question, it
didn't have a DSA host key.  I'm using interactive password authentication
(no user keys).

Thanks,

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key