Probably broken getaddrinfo() on Solaris x86.

Konrad Rieck kr at roqe.org
Tue Oct 2 21:28:16 EST 2001

Hi,

I discovered a strange problem with the latest version (2.9.9p2) and previous
versions of OpenSSH when using portforwarding und Solaris 8 x86.

It seems like the getaddrinfo() function on Solaris 8 x86 is somehow broken,
instead of binding a port to 127.0.0.1, OpenSSH tried to bind it to
1.0.0.127 (1.0.0.127 was the ai->ai_addr returned by getaddrinfo() in
channel.c).

I could not reproduce this on Solaris 8 Sparc and I assume that Sun
developers mixed endianess on the x86 platform.

I could fix the problem by marking the getaddrinfo() function as broken
on Solaris 8 x86 (#define BROKEN_GETADDRINFO 1).

Maybe someone of you could recheck this problem and try to find a better
fix for it.

Regards,
Konrad

--