AFS and tokenforwarding

Booker C. Bense bbense at networking.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 4 12:58:14 EST 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Dug Song wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:11:04PM -0500, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
>
> > This code changed when Assar Westerlund and Bjorn Bronvall added Kerb5
> > code to SSH1.
>
> i ported their krb5 code to OpenSSH, from FreeBSD.
>
> > I would have to defer the changes to them as to why this happened, and
> > if there is some agreement as to the correct fix for both Krb4 and krb5 to
> > live together nicely with AFS.
>
> booker's patch looks fine, although i don't have a way to test it
> right now. niels, can you try it?

- I think there are two problems being conflated into one. My patch
is just to get the AFS code to compile when using Kth-1.1. It doesn't
fix the problem of the token not being available when you need to
access the filesystem. I think that was the point of the other
patch posted.

- I'll test that one and report back. The lack of AFS access was
the next thing on my list of things to get working.

- Booker C. Bense