LynxOS: ssh client hang on exit?

hari sekar a_ghsek at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 11 00:35:15 EST 2001

Hi,
  I use openssh-2.9p2 on LynxOS i386 system. sshd runs
on LynxOS and ssh client on Redhat 7.0 Linux system
(openssh-2.9p2 ssh client). The ssh client hangs on
exit 90% of times. I don't think this is the usual
hang-on-exit bug, because, there are no background
processes running, I suppose. I attach the server
debug messages.
$ssh -V hari at lynx (From Linux)
Password:
lynx>
lynx>exit
debug: callback start
debug: client_input_channel_req: rtype exit-status
reply 0
debug: callback done
logout

<HANGS>

server debug messages:
lynx#sshd -d
Accepted password for hari from 192.168.0.126 port
1022 ssh2
debug1: Entering interactive session for SSH2.
debug1: server_init_dispatch_20
debug1: server_input_channel_open: ctype session rchan
0 win 32768 max 4096
debug1: input_session_request
debug1: channel 0: new [server-session]
debug1: session_new: init
debug1: session_new: session 0
debug1: session_open: channel 0
debug1: session_open: session 0: link with channel 0
debug1: server_input_channel_open: confirm session
debug1: session_by_channel: session 0 channel 0
debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 channel 0
request pty-req reply 0
debug1: session_pty_req: session 0 alloc /dev/ttyp1
debug1: session_by_channel: session 0 channel 0
debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 channel 0
request x11-req reply 0
debug1: X11 forwarding disabled in server
configuration file.
debug1: session_by_channel: session 0 channel 0
debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 channel 0
request shell reply 0
debug1: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 7 IS O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
debug1: session_by_pid: pid 19
debug1: session_exit_message: session 0 channel 0 pid
19
debug1: session_exit_message: release channel 0
debug1: channel 0: write failed
debug1: channel 0: output open -> closed
debug1: channel 0: close_write
debug1: session_pty_cleanup: session 0 release
/dev/ttyp1
debug1: session_free: session 0 pid 19

<HANGS>
Ofcourse,
lynx>exit > /dev/null < /dev/null 2>&1
exits clean.

Can anyone help me as to why this happens and the way
out,
Hari.