Solaris 2.6, and AFS

David R Boldt dboldt at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 11 00:55:55 EST 2001

Booker,

thanks for the tip, I will give it a spin the next time I
compile openssh.

                                          -- David Boldt
                                             <dboldt at usgs.gov>

                    "Booker C. Bense"
                    <bbense at networking.sta        To:     David R Boldt <dboldt at usgs.gov>
                    nford.edu>                    cc:     <openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org>
                                                  Subject:     Re: Solaris 2.6, and AFS
                    10/09/01 06:04 PM

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, David R Boldt wrote:

> With the help of Jan Iven I have been able to compile openssh-2.9.9p2
> on Solaris 2.6 with AFS/kerb4 support using gcc.
>
> ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-tcp-wrappers \
>             --with-egd-pool=/var/run/egd-pool \
>           --with-kerberos4=/usr/athena --with-afs=/usr/afsws

- If you are using kth kerberos4, I would highly recommend that
you just use their interface to afs. i.e.

 --with-kerberos4=/usr/athena --with-afs=/usr/athena

- It's a lot simpler and works just as well.

- Booker C. Bense