OpenSSH solaris: bad return code after exec of remote command

David Batterham david.batterham at lochard.com.au
Fri Oct 12 10:40:34 EST 2001

Guys,

I too can happily report that the patch Markus posted seems to have fixed the
problem. I now consistently get the correct return codes.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts. This was an important factor for me in
being able to do what I wanted with openssh, and being the first time I have
posted to this list (I have only just started to use openssh), I was pleased
with the quick response from all concerned. In fact, the patch came so quickly I
had to find the time to apply and test it!

Regs,
Dave

Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Markus Friedl wrote:
> >
> > I wrote:
> >
> > > it's easy to reproduce your problem:
> > >
> > > ssh -n localhost 'echo x; exec > /dev/null 2>&1; sleep 3; exit 5;'
> >
> > could you please try this diff against the current CVS
> >
> > hope everything else stil works...
>
> I can report that those patches seem to have corrected the problem we
> were experiencing.  I'll install the patched version of openssh in our
> development environment so that it gets a good workout and get back to
> you if anything goes awry.
>
> Sorry about taking so long to get back to you.
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Matthew
>
> --
> Matthew Seaman                                              01628 498661
>
>                 Abeo, abeo, abeo, actum est, comites!

David Batterham                     PHONE: +61 3 95001017
System Administrator                FAX:   +61 3 95001191
Lochard Pty Ltd                     EMAIL: david at lochard.com.au