openssh on LynxOS issues! - Changes and addons.

hari sekar a_ghsek at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 15 23:48:08 EST 2001

 --- Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote: > On Wed,
10 Oct 2001, hari sekar wrote:

> > Hi,
> >   With reference to my previous mail:
> > 1.  I use openssh-2.9p2 on a LynxOS i386 system.
> The
> > ssh and scp clients work fine. Even sftp from
> other
> > Linux systems works. But, if I run the sftp client
> in
> > LynxOS to localhost (LynxOS) or remote sshd in
> Linux,
> > the authentication succeeds, prints sftp> prompt
> and
> > then exits. I don't know why this happens. The
> problem
> > is with the sftp client program in LynxOS. Does it
> > work for anyone (sftp client program in LynxOS)?
>
> No idea here - have you determined whether it is
> sftp or the underlying
> ssh that is exiting.

  The sftp-server works fine, i.e., I can make sftp
calls from remote Linux system. Only the sftp client
program running on LynxOS fails. Also, no problem with
ssh client program. I attach the debug output after
authentication, which says that read fails. Why does
read fail?
-Hari.

lynx>sftp -v -v -v hari at linux
hari at linux's password:
debug2: packet_inject_ignore: current 58
debug2: packet_inject_ignore: block 16 have 4 nb 4
mini 1 need 4
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: ssh-userauth2 successful: method password
debug1: fd 4 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 5 IS O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: channel_new: 0
debug1: send channel open 0
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug2: callback start
debug1: client_init id 0 arg 0
debug1: Sending subsystem: sftp
debug2: callback done
debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 16384
debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 32768
debug2: Remote version: 3
debug3: Sent message fd 3 T:16 I:1
debug3: SSH_FXP_REALPATH . -> /home/hari
sftp>
debug1: channel 0: read<=0 rfd 4 len 0
debug1: channel 0: read failed
debug1: channel 0: input open -> drain
debug1: channel 0: close_read
debug1: channel 0: input: no drain shortcut
debug1: channel 0: ibuf empty
debug1: channel 0: input drain -> closed
debug1: channel 0: send eof
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype
exit-status reply 0
debug1: channel 0: rcvd eof
debug1: channel 0: output open -> drain
debug1: channel 0: rcvd close
debug2: channel 0: no data after CLOSE
debug1: channel 0: obuf empty
debug1: channel 0: output drain -> closed
debug1: channel 0: close_write
debug1: channel 0: send close
debug1: channel 0: is dead
debug1: channel_free: channel 0: status: The following
connections are open:
  #0 client-session (t4 r0 i8/0 o128/0 fd -1/-1)
debug1: channel_free: channel 0: dettaching channel
user
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes
in 0.0 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0,
stderr 0.0
debug1: Exit status 0
lynx>